Homeowners want to maximize their investment by upgrading their space, and winter is the perfect time for that. With the holidays around the corner, you probably also want to make your home feel warm and inviting. A lovely window treatment can add a lot to a room, and it can even make the space look new again. Like anything, however, it can also make a room look drab and dated. If your current shades and blinds aren’t cutting it, it’s best to make a change. Here’s how you can know for sure that it’s time for a window treatment upgrade.
5 Signs it’s Time for a Window Treatment Upgrade
- Your slats never seem to appear clean, or your shades are frayed. Even if you dust the slats on your blinds, discoloration can still make them look grimy. When their appearance yellows and fades, this is a clear sign that it’s time for an upgrade. You should also replace your cellular or roman shades if they start to fray around the edges. There’s a good chance your shades were sized incorrectly and they’re rubbing against the frame.
- You can’t raise or lower your blinds anymore. If your window treatments aren’t functioning as they should, this will likely be the first thing you notice. Of course, the whole point of having blinds is to enjoy privacy, shade and temperature control. A window treatment upgrade is your only option if your current blinds are inoperable. This time around, consider a high-quality, durable option you can count on for years.
- You’ve updated your décor, taken a trip to the furniture store, and even upgraded your lighting system—but your window treatments still don’t wow. It’s time to upgrade. For some homeowners, window treatment upgrades fall to the bottom of the checklist. They’ll complete an entire home renovation only to realize something is missing. Unfortunately, worn-out blinds are an eyesore in a brand-new, luxurious living room. Be sure to invest in something that matches the beauty of your new space.
- Your needs or style preferences have changed. Maybe you loved the bamboo blinds you had in the ‘70s, but it’s likely that your preferences have changed since. The window treatment upgrade you choose should complement the ambiance of your home. The furnishings you select should also reflect your personality. If you still like the look of dark blinds, but you want to modernize your tastes, Parkland wood blinds are a fantastic choice.
- You’re selling your home. You might not mind if your window treatments are a little out-of-date, but potential buyers will take notice. The smallest details can make a big difference in how someone perceives your home. If you’re planning to sell your property this winter, wow your visitors with fresh, upgraded window treatments. Your home will look especially attractive this way, and buyers will appreciate not having to purchase them when they move in.
Partner with Exceptional Views for An Outstanding Window Treatment Upgrade Baltimore
Exceptional Views is your best resource for stunning window treatments, shutters, drapery, top treatments and more in the greater Baltimore, MD area. We offer in-home consultation to find the perfect window solutions for your home and needs. To learn more about our window treatment upgrade options or to schedule a complimentary consultation, contact Exceptional Views today through our website here or by calling (410) 236-5051.
Buying Window Coverings in Towson, Lutherville-Timonium and surrounding Cities
Give us a call today to setup your design consultation for your blind, shade, shutter, motorization, or drapery project. We will show you all the possibilities available to meet your needs and budget requirements. We offer professional measuring and installation services too.
We are your neiborhood
We service Baltimore, Towson, Lutherville-Timonium, Hunt Valley, Cockeysville, Sparks, Reisterstown, Ellicott City, Columbia, Clarksville, North Potomac, Bethesda, MD and surrounding areas.